The following article will provide a guideline on how to log-in to CloudAlly and deploy/activate your Google Workspace backup. Please read it carefully.
Our Support team are available to help you:
- You can book a deployment call with them here.
- Support contact details can be found here.
If you have not already got access to a CloudAlly account, please request a trial here.
View CloudAlly Data Sheets & Other Resources here.
Stage 1 - Creating the backup task
- Select "Add new backup task" Click Google Workspace. The following screen appears.
- Click Sign in with Google. You will be directed to the Google Sign In page - enter your email/phone, and then your password. Click Confirm.
Stage 2 - Backup Task Settings
- You will be redirected to the Backup Settings page, where you can adjust the settings of the backup.
- On this page, you can adjust the backup settings and activate backups for the Google Workspace users. See the sections below for the detailed procedures.
To access the configuration screen, click the settings icon on the top right side of the screen.
This set of options on this screen enables you to select the backup settings for the users.
- You can change the name of the backup task by clicking .
- The icon to the right of the Google Workspace logo displays whether the application was able to connect to the specified Google Workspace account. If the authentication token granted for the application becomes invalid (e.g., it expires due to inactivity because you put the backup task on pause for a long time), the green Connected icon changes to the red Disconnected. To grant the application a new token, click on the icon to open the authentication dialog, and repeat the authentication process.
- By default, the “Index all data for Search” option is selected, which enables CloudAlly to provide you with its granular search and restore functionality. In the process, your data is temporarily decrypted for a brief period of time, and then re-encrypted once the index is built. If this goes against your company policy and you would like to disable automatic indexing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Automatically activate new userss option instructs the system to detect new userss, and activate them automatically.
- Backups are automatically archived when an entire site is deleted. The Retain auto-archived backups option allows you to retain them for a specified number of days, after which they will be deleted. Otherwise, the backups will be retained indefinitely.
Your Google Workspace backup has now been activated!