The following article will provide a guideline on how to log-in to CloudAlly and deploy/activate your SalesForce backup. Please read it carefully.
Our Support team are available to help you:
If you have not already got access to a CloudAlly account, please request a trial here.
(Please note if you are applying for an account with 1000+ users our onboarding process is different, see here)
View CloudAlly Data Sheets & Other Resources here.
Stage 1 - Creating the backup task
- Select "Add a new backup task" then choose SharePoint
- Fill in the name of the backup task. This name is used in the notifications and reports, and it can be changed later.
- Select whether you'd like to back up your Production or Sandbox account. This option cannot be changed later.
- Click Authenticate in Salesforce. You will be redirected to the Salesforce authorization page. Click the Allow button from the Allow Access page.
- When prompted, enter your Salesforce Admin credentials from the Salesforce login screen, and click Authorize. You may be prompted to enter a code that was sent to your mobile device.
- You will be redirected to the Backup Settings page, where you can adjust the settings of the backup.
- On this page, you can adjust the backup settings and activate backups for the Salesforce users. See the sections below for the detailed procedures.
Stage 2 - Backup Settings
To access the configuration screen, click Edit on the right side of the screen.
The set of options on this screen enables you to select the backup settings for the Account.
- You can change the name of the backup task by clicking .
- The icon to the right of the Salesforce logo displays whether the application was able to connect to the specified Salesforce account. If the authentication token granted for the application becomes invalid (e.g., it expires due to inactivity because you put the backup task on pause for a long time), the green Connected icon changes to the red Disconnected. To grant the application a new token, click on the icon to open the authentication dialog, and repeat the authentication process.
- Enter the daily Salesforce API usage limit. The default value is 75% and the maximum value is 100%, which corresponds to the fraction of the total daily API limit.
- By default, the “Index all data for Search” option is selected, which enables CloudAlly to provide you with its granular search and restore functionality. In the process, your data is temporarily decrypted for a brief period of time, and then re-encrypted once the index is built. If this goes against your company policy and you would like to disable automatic indexing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Backups are automatically archived when an entire site is deleted. The Retain auto-archived backups option allows you to retain them for a specified number of days, after which they will be deleted. Otherwise, the backups will be retained indefinitely.
Your SalesForce backup has now been activated!