SharePoint Deployment Guide
Modified on: Wed, Feb 15, 2023 at 8:57 AM
The following article will provide a guideline on how to configure your SharePoint backup within CloudAlly, if you have not already gone through the initial setup of CloudAlly, please use the guide here.
Our Support team are available to help you:
- You can book a deployment call with them here.
- Support contact details can be found here.
If you have not already got access to a CloudAlly account, please request a trial here.
View CloudAlly Data Sheets & Other Resources here.
Stage 1 - Creating the Backup task for SharePoint
- Select "Add A New Backup Task", then select SharePoint.
- Enter your backup name and enter your SharePoint URL, this looks something like (yourdomain.sharepoint.com).
- Select "Authenticate" then log in using your backup account which you created for SharePoint in this guide.
Stage 2 - Configuring the SharePoint Task
- On the Homepage a new backup has been created, click the backup to configure its settings.The connected bar shows that connection has been successful to SharePoint.
The backup frequency can be set in this page.
It is recommended to select "Automatically Activate new sites" this will detect when a new SharePoint site is created and add it to the daily backup
Selecting "Retain auto-archived backups for (x) days before deleting" will automatically archive backups if a site is deleted.
Stage 3 - Activating the Backup Task for SharePoint
Once you have configured the backup settings you need to Activate them in order to begin backing up data.
- Select all accounts which you wish to be backed up
- Click Action > Activate in the top-right corner, these accounts will then be backed up when the scheduled backup is ran.
- Alternatively, an immediate backup can be performed by selecting Action > Backup Now.
Your SharePoint backup has now been activated! If you wish to backup other services such as OneDrive or Teams, please see the guides below:
CloudAlly - OneDrive Deployment Guide
CloudAlly - Teams Deployment Guide
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.